Last updated August 9th, 2021
RARI CAPITAL (RARI) IS A NEW SUITE OF EXPERIMENTAL BLOCKCHAIN-ORIENTED FUNCTIONALITIES. USING THESE FUNCTIONALITIES (INCLUDING VIA THE INTERFACE ON OUR WEBSITE) POSES SIGNIFICANT RISKS TO YOU AND YOUR ONLINE ASSETS. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THESE RISKS AND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU AND YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
BY USING THE WEBSITE OR OUR SERVICES, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU MAY NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES IF YOU: (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS; (B) ARE NOT THE OLDER OF (i) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR (ii) LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT; OR (C) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S FUNCTIONALITIES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
The Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, the User represents and warrants that the User is at least the higher of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company in the User’s applicable jurisdiction or eighteen (18) years of age, and meets all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. Further, by using this Website, the User represents and warrants that the User is not a citizen or resident of, nor is located in, any country against which the United States has sanctioned or embargoed or where the use of the Website is otherwise illegal or impermissible, whether by rule, statute, regulation, bylaw, court adjudication or order, protocol, administrative statement, code, decree, or other directive, requirement or guideline, whether applicable on the Company, the Website, the Interface, or on the User (or multiple of the foregoing) by an authority with valid and enforceable jurisdiction (“Applicable Laws”). If the User does not meet all of these requirements, the User must not access or use the Website.
2. Services; The Interface; Blockchain Fees.
The Website provides methods and information to allow those who access the Website (“Participants”) to access or participate in the Rari’s decentralized, autonomous interest rate markets (the “Protocol”) including via the Interface (collectively, the “Services”). The Protocol is intended to be provided and operate in a decentralized manner, meaning that the Company has no ability to control, modify, prevent, stop, amend, or adjust interactions or transactions after they are submitted to the Protocol, whether or not through the Interface.
Your full use and enjoyment of the Services (whether or not by using the Interface) may require you to pay transactional fees required by their underlying blockchain or distributed ledger service (“Blockchain Fees”). These Blockchain Fees are not levied directly by the Company, but rather are determined by your use of the Services and the rules placed by corresponding blockchain communities at large. You acknowledge that the Company has no control over Blockchain Fees, (including, without limitation, their applicability, payment, amounts, transmission, and effectiveness) whether related to your use of the Services or otherwise, and agree that in no event will the Company be responsible to you or any other part for the payment, repayment, refund, disbursement, indemnity, or for any other aspect of your use or transmission of Blockchain Fees. For further information regarding blockchain technology, crypto-assets and the associated risks, see Nature of Blockchain; Assumption of Risk; Waiver of Claims.
3. User Contributions
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other features that allow Participants to communicate with each other (collectively, “Communication Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution the User posts to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, the User grants us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
The User represents and warrants that:
· The User owns or controls all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
The User understands and acknowledges that the User is responsible for any User Contributions the User submits or contributes, and the User, not the Company, has full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by the User or any other Participant. Further, the User acknowledges and agrees that the Company is not responsible for any claims, injuries, damages, liability, or other harms it endures due to its interactions or actions taken as a result of any User Contribution.
4. Content Standards
These “Content Standards” apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Communication Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
· Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
· Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
· Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
· Solicit the purchase of any good or service (including, without limitation, those related to crypto-assets).
· Be likely to deceive, defraud, or unduly manipulate any person.
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
· Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
· Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
· Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
· Engage in any solicitation or promotion of any security (as defined in the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) or regulated derivative asset.
5. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
· Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
· Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
· Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this Section.
7. Accessing the Website and User Security.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website (including the Interface), and any other Services or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website, the Interface, the Protocol, or any of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to Participants.
The User is responsible for both:
● Making all arrangements necessary for the User to have access to the Website and the Services.
If the User utilizes a Web3 Utility that relies on a separate username, password, private key, or any other piece of information as part of its security procedures, the User must treat such information as confidential, and the User must not disclose that information to any other person or entity. The User also acknowledges that any identity linked to its Web3 Utility is personal to the User and agrees not to provide any other person with access to such identity. The User also agrees to ensure that it will lock or otherwise prevent its Web3 Utility from unauthorized use on this Website or the Services at the end of each session. The User should use particular caution when accessing the Website or the Services from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record the User’s user name, password, private key, or other personal information.
8. Intellectual Property Rights.
Except any open-source software or other material incorporated the Website or the Services, the Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. The User must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
● The User’s computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to the User’s accessing and viewing those materials.
● The User may store files that are automatically cached by the User’s web browser for display enhancement purposes.
● The User may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for its own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
● If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, the User may download a single copy to its computer or mobile device, provided the User agrees to be bound by any applicable end user license agreement or other similar agreement for such applications.
● For any open-source materials provided on the Website or through the Services, the User may perform any activities only as is consistent with the open-source license applicable to such materials.
The User must not:
● Modify copies of any materials from this Website.
● Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
● Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Website.
If the User wishes to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this Section, it should address its request to: email@example.com.
The Company name, the terms “Rari” and “Rari Capital,” and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company; provided, however, User is hereby granted a limited, revocable, non-transferrable permission and license to use the terms “Rari” and “Rari Capital” and any related names (excluding the Company name), logos (excluding the Company logo), product and service names, designs, and slogans in any way that they desire so long as such usage is not done in a way that: (1) is deceitful, fraudulent, or manipulative; (2) implies any relationship between User and the Company beyond that reasonably typical of the administrator of a website and its users; or (3) to cause confusion in any way to gain crypto-assets of, or personal information about, another party other than that intended by the Services, the Protocol, the Interface or any related or interacting functionality (for example, you may not use the foregoing marks to execute phishing attacks, spearphishing attacks, social engineering, or in any way that may cause a party to transmit crypto-assets to an unintended recipient or to reveal private information, like a private key or password). All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website and Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
10. Notification of copyright infringement
If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Website (including User Contributions) infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
2. Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
3. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
4. Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
5. A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
6. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
7. Your physical or electronic signature.
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Horizons Law & Consulting
2021 Fillmore Street, Suite #1050
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
11. Prohibited Uses.
● In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
● For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
● To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
● To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, screen names, similarly named or commonly misspelled URLs, or associated blockchain identities).
● To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website or the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or Participants, or expose them to liability.
● If they are a citizen of or otherwise accessing the Website from the nations of Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Syria, or Eritrea, or if the User is otherwise listed as a Specially Designated National by the United States Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
● If doing so is illegal or impermissible according to any Applicable Laws.
● To cause the Services, any of the Services’ underlying blockchain networks or technologies, or any other functionality with which the Services interact to work other than as intended.
● To damage the reputation of the Company or impair any of the Company’s legal rights or interests.
Additionally, the User agrees not to:
● Be likely to deceive or defraud, or attempt to deceive or defraud, any person, including (without limitation) providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information with the intent to unlawfully obtain the property of another or to provide knowingly or recklessly false information, including in any way that causes inaccuracy among the content on the Website or on the Services.
● Use the Services to manipulate or defraud any DEX or blockchain network, or the users thereof.
● Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
● Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
● Impersonate any person, misrepresent the User’s identity, or misrepresent its affiliation with any person or organization.
● Engage in any activity or behavior that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning, or otherwise damages, the integrity of the Website or the Services, or any other service or software which relies on the Services.
● Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
● Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, impair, or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including the ability to engage in real time activities through the Website or with the Services.
● Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
● Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website or the Services.
● Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful to the Website, the Services, the Participants, any underlying blockchain, or any of the Service’s related utilities or functionalities.
● Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website, including any underlying blockchain.
● Attack the Website, the Services, or any of the Services’ underlying blockchain networks or technologies, or any other functionality with which the Services interact via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
● Encourage or induce any third party to engage in any of the activities prohibited under these Terms.
● Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or the Services.
12. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination.
We have the right to:
● Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website or the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone using or accessing the Website or the services. THE USER WAIVES AND HOLDS HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review interactions or activities before they are executed through the Website, and, given the nature of blockchain and functionalities like those offered via the Services, cannot ensure prompt removal or rectification of objectionable interactions or activities after they have been executed. Accordingly, the parties agree that we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, transactions, blockchain operations, or content provided by any Participant or third party, including any that may cause a malfunction or inaccuracy on the Website or among the Services. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for any other party’s performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this Section, nor for any harms or damages created by others’ interactions with any blockchain underlying the Services or reliance on the information or content presented on the Website.
13. Reliance on Information Posted.
The information presented on or through the Website (including, without limitation, the Interface) is made available solely for general information and education purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any information posted to the Website or through the Services should not be construed as an intention to form a contract, and in no case should any information be construed as the Company’s offer to buy, sell, or exchange crypto-assets. Any reliance the User places on such information is strictly at the User’s own risk, and as is common in the blockchain space, the User is assuming a high amount of risk related to others or technical harms when operating via the Website, the Interface, and the Services. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by the User or any other Participant, by anyone who may be informed of any of the Website’s or the Services’ contents, or by the actions or omissions of others interacting with the Protocol or any underlying blockchain.
This Website or the Services may include content provided by third parties, including (without limitation) materials provided by other Participants, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, blockchain users, decentralized applications, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements, alleged facts, and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company or even the factual status of reality. We are not responsible, or liable to the User or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties, and User agrees that it bears sole and absolute responsibility to evaluate and select any third party functionality with which it interacts via the Services.
14. Changes to the Website.
We may update the content on, design of, or functionalities available through this Website or through the Services from time to time, but the Website and the Services are not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website or provided through the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
15. Information About The User and The User’s Visits to the Website.
16. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER.
The Company is a developer of open-source software and does not unilaterally offer, operate, or administer the Protocol or a blockchain network. The Services merely attempt to assist Participants in more easily participating in the Protocol, decentralized finance (“DeFi”) services, or blockchain networks generally. Nonetheless, the Company has no oversight on or control over any particular crypto-asset, blockchain network, or the Protocol.
The User is responsible for its use of the Services, the functionalities they enable, transactions engaged through the Website or the Interface, and the use of the information derived thereof. The User is solely responsible for complying with all Applicable Laws related to its transactions and activities that directly or indirectly incorporate our provision of the Services, including, but not limited to, the Commodity Exchange Act and its regulations as overseen by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”), and the federal securities laws and its regulations overseen by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). The User acknowledges its understanding that the Company is not registered nor licensed with, nor have our Website, Interface, or Services (or the software contained therein) been reviewed by, the CFTC, SEC, or any other financial or banking regulator.
The User understands that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for download from the internet or the Website or through the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. The User is responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy the User’s particular requirements for: (1) an appropriate Web3 Utility; (2) anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output; (3) its participation in and use of DeFi products, the protocol, and any of the Services’ underlying blockchain and related technologies; and (4) maintaining a means external to our site to reconstruct of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, MAN-IN-THE-MIDDLE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT THE USER’S COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO THE USER’S USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO THE USER'S DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
THE USER’S USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE INTERFACE, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY OF THE SERVICES IS AT THE USER’S SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS'' AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, WE, NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY, MAKE, AND WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM, ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, AND THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, OR THE SERVICES. THE COMPANY AND ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT: (1) ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, OR THE SERVICES WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, WITHOUT DELAY, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR FREE FROM DEFECTS; (2) THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THE WEBSITE OR VIA THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, CONCISE, CURRENT, OR RELEVANT; (3) THAT THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY SOFTWARE CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS, MALICIOUS SOFTWARE, ERRORS, OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS, OR THAT ANY OF SUCH WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (4) THAT THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET THE USER’S EXPECTATIONS. NO INFORMATION OR STATEMENT THAT WE MAKE, INCLUDING DOCUMENTATION OR OUR PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS, SHOULD BE TREATED AS OFFERING ANY WARRANTY CONCERNING THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, OR THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, OFFERS, STATEMENTS, OR ACTIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTY EITHER REGARDING THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USER'S USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, THE INTERFACE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY EXTENDS TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE CAUSED BY FRAUD, DECEIPT, OR MANIPULATION), WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, OR ANY FAILURE, EXPLOIT, OR VULNERABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, THE APIS, THE USER’S WEB3 UTILITIES, OR THE UNDERLYING BLOCKCHAINS OR RELATED BLOCKCHAIN FUNCTIONALITIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT OR SERVICES IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
18. Nature of Blockchain; Assumption of Risk; Waiver of Claims.
Blockchains, DEXs, DeFi, crypto-assets, the Protocol, and their related technologies and functionalities are still emerging innovations that carry a relatively high amount of foreseeable and unforeseeable risk from security, financial, technical, political, social, and personal safety standpoints. The mere access to and interaction with blockchains requires high degrees of skill and knowledge to operate with a relative degree of safety and proficiency. Crypto-assets are highly volatile in nature due to many diverse factors, including without limitation use and adoption, speculation, manipulation, technology, security, and legal and regulatory developments and application. Further, the speed and cost of transacting with cryptographic technologies, such as blockchains like those underlying the Protocol, is variable and highly volatile. Moreover, the transparent nature of many blockchains means that any interactions the User has with any blockchain may be publicly visible and readable in human form.
By accessing and using the Website or the Services, the User acknowledges the foregoing, and agrees and represents that it understands such and other risks involved with blockchains, DeFi, the Protocol, and related technologies (including any specific technical language used in this Agreement). The User further represents that it has all knowledge sufficient to work, and is informed of all foreseeable risks, and the possibility of unforeseeable risks, associated with blockchains, crypto-assets, Web3 Utilities, smart contracts, the Interface, APIs, and the Services. The User further acknowledges, and assumes all risk related to the possibility, that any information presented via the Website, Interface, or Services may be inaccurate, possibly due to another party’s malicious activities and possibly to the User’s severe harm or detriment. The User agrees that we are not responsible for any of these or related risks, do not own or control any blockchain or DEX, cannot guarantee the safe or accurate functioning of the Services, and shall not be held liable for any resulting harms, damages, or losses incurred by or against the User experiences while accessing or using the Website or the Services. Accordingly, the User acknowledges the foregoing, represents its understanding of the foregoing, and agrees to assume full responsibility for all of the risks of accessing and using the Website and interacting with the Services, whether mentioned in this Section or otherwise. The User further expressly waives and releases us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, or damages arising from or in any way relating to the User’s use of the Website and the User’s interaction with the Services.
If the User is a California resident, the User expressly and explicitly waives the benefits and protections of California Civil Code § 1542, which states: “[a] general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
19. No Professional Advice.
All information or content provided or displayed by the Website (including, without limitation, on the Interface) is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice (including, without limitation, tax, legal, or financial advice). The User should not take, or refrain from taking, any action based on any information or content displayed or provided on the Website, on the Interface, or through the Services. The User should seek independent professional advice from an individual licensed and qualified in the area appropriate for such before the User makes any financial, legal, or other decisions where such is considered prudent. The User acknowledges and agrees that, to the fullest extent permissible by law, it has not relied on the Company, the content on the Website, the Interface, or the Services for any professional advice related to its financial or legal behaviors.
20. No Fiduciary Duties.
21. No Insurance
Your crypto accounts are not checking, or savings accounts and we do not provide any kind of insurance to you against any type of loss, including (without limitation) losses due to decrease in value of assets, assets lost due to a cybersecurity failure, or from your or other individuals’ errors or malfeasance.. In most jurisdictions crypto-assets are not legal tender, and most crypto-assets are not backed by any government. Your crypto-asset balances are not covered by Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or Securities Investor Protection Corporation (FDIC) protections.
22. Links from the Website.
If the Website may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and the User acknowledges and agrees that we do not and will not accept any responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from the User’s use of them. If the User decides to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, the User does so entirely at its own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
24. Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
25. Arbitration; Class Arbitration Waiver.
26. Limitation on Time to File Claims.
27. Waiver and Severability.
28. Entire Agreement.
29. Comments and Concerns
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.